Dating.com finds ugly holiday sweaters a huge draw among singles
NEW YORK, Dec 10 2020 / PRNewswire / – With the holiday season in full swing, Go out together.com, which is part of the Dating Group and the company behind many online dating sites, surveyed its members to determine once and for all whether ugly sweaters have an impact on finding love. The company has found that holiday sweaters indicate relaxed personality traits in singles and serve as festive excitement.
Before planning your outfit for this year’s virtual vacation gatherings, consider the following remarkable results from Dating.com’s latest survey:
- Almost everyone (96%) thinks ugly holiday sweaters are a great way to start a conversation.
- When asked about the perception of those who wear ugly holiday sweaters, 52% think the clothing indicates a strong sense of humor, 44% think the clothing indicates an openness to meeting new people and the remaining 4% think that the clothing indicates a strong sense of humor. ‘there is no correlation between clothing and an individual’s personality.
- 70% say a sense of humor is the most appealing quality in a partner.
- 42% of those who usually wouldn’t take the first step say they would be more willing to strike up a conversation if a potential partner wore an ugly holiday sweater.
- A majority of respondents (78%) believe that not attending an in-person or virtual meeting on the topic of ugly holiday sweaters reveals closed-minded characteristics.
“We are finding that singles appreciate humor more than ever,” says Maria sullivan, Vice President and Dating Expert for Dating.com. “And while the holidays may look different this year, the singles have spoken and the ugly sweaters are here to stay.”
An ugly holiday sweater will be the perfect addition to your dating profile this season. Dating.com is here to share tips for taking the perfect selfie with an ugly holiday sweater:
- Use the self-timer: Put your camera on a three to five second self-timer and take a step back. That way you and your ugly holiday sweater will be in the frame.
- Personalize it: Choose an ugly holiday sweater that matches your interests. There are plenty of options based on classic movies, shows, sports teams, and lore. By choosing something that you like to talk about, your first conversation is guaranteed to be a good one.
- Accessorize, accessorize, accessorize: try pairing your sweater with accessories like a luminous necklace or a deer antler headband. More the merrier, the merrier!
To join Dating.com’s vast international network of singles and find that special someone this holiday season, please visit www.dating.com.
About the meeting group: Dating Group is a global social discovery platform, empowering people around the world to connect through the power of shared interests and mutual benefit. Dating Group has offices in seven countries and a team of over 500 professionals with over 73 million registered users across the portfolio. Our brands include Dating.com, DateMyAge, LovingA, Tubit, AnastasiaDate, ChinaLove and many more, each with a unique platform tailored to different communities defined by interests, geography and demographics.