It’s so hot that a Faribault dumpster caught fire
We’ve all heard the “It’s so hot” jokes. Today, firefighters and residents of Faribault can add a few things that actually happened.
It was so hot that a dumpster caught fire as it was being transported on the road. The Flom Disposal dumpster was picked up from a Faribault residence when, for some reason, it caught fire after the operator of the truck left Route 21 to enter Route 3.
Video was captured which shows the driver of the truck initially thought about leaving the dumpster on the shoulder of Freeway 3 near the location of the Crossroads Center.
Faribault Fire Chief Dustin Dienst told KDHL when they arrived at the scene that the truck was in a parking lot next to the Grand Stay Hotel. The driver unloaded the dumpster and parked a safe distance away. Dienst says they used about 800 gallons of water to put out the fire in the metal dumpster.
Dienst says the dumpster was full of household items like furniture, mattresses and that sort of thing.
When I first noticed something was going on, I was walking up Hwy 21 after eating lunch and saw thick black smoke billowing north into the sky. Of course I was curious and when I got to the section of Highway 3 there were police vehicles. the flaming dumpster and the fire engine arrived.
Dienst says it took them about 15 minutes to completely extinguish the flames. Because it was garbage on the way to the landfill, there will be no investigation of how the dumpster caught fire.
He confirmed that it could have been spontaneous combustion, but “We will never know what happened.”
There were 9 separate power outages reported to Faribault this afternoon, affecting dozens of residents. Statewide, the Xcel Energy outage map showed 50 outages with 2,858 customers affected by mid-afternoon.
The duration of the outages varied. At home, the power was restored at 4:02 pm according to a message left on my cell phone but I did not receive any message saying when it turned off.
Here are my 15 favorite jokes. Add some of your favorites and keep them clean please.
- It’s so hot you can melt a chili dog.
- It’s so hot that the chickens are laying omelets.
- It is so hot that the car overheats before driving off.
- It’s so hot I saw a fire hydrant chasing a dog.
- It’s so hot that all the bread in the store has turned into toast.
- It is so hot that the cows give evaporated milk.
- It’s so hot I saw a bird pull a worm out of the ground with an oven mitt.
- It’s so hot I saw a funeral procession pass a Dairy Queen.
- It’s so hot I’m using Celsius instead of Fahrenheit just to get a lower number.
- It is so hot that the hens lay hard-boiled eggs.
- It is so hot that farmers feed their chickens crushed ice to prevent them from laying hard-boiled eggs.
- It’s so hot that the best parking spot is determined by shade rather than distance.
- It’s so hot that Siri asked to be soaked in a glass of ice water.
- It’s so hot that you find that it only takes 2 fingers to drive your car.
- It’s so hot I saw a hen lay a fried egg.
Let’s see how much you can add to the list.
Speaking of power outages, remember how cool it was last April during the pandemic?
GALLERY: Minnesota stadiums lit up for the #BeTheLightMN movement
Imagine the electricity bill for this house.