Jobs make the biggest comeback this year
There is good news this spring for people who lost their jobs during the pandemic or who are simply looking for an opportunity to move forward.
Many companies are hiring and offering all kinds of bonuses and incentives as business rebounds in 2021.
Morgan Baylor, like many other restaurant workers, was unemployed last April.
“During quarantine, a lot of people were out of work,” she said. “Many restaurants were closed.”
But now she’s back to work and working more hours every week.
Next to the hospitality industry, restaurants were among the businesses hardest hit when it closed last year.
Restaurant owner and chef Jose Salazar said now is the time to apply for a restaurant job.
“Everyone in our industry is hiring right now,” he said. “It’s actually hard to find people to work.”
So, with the help of the Monster.com job board, we found the 9 fastest returning jobs in 2021.
Which companies are most in need of workers right now
Monster career expert Vicki Salemi claims to have seen a surge in job postings over the past three months.
“At Monster, we are seeing a return of jobs in the recreation, accommodation and food industries,” she said.
She says that you will currently find the most listings in the following businesses and industries:
- Hotels, as the journey returns.
- Restaurants, as people dine outside (and inside) again.
- Feeding with milk, which was hit hard last year when elective surgeries and doctor visits ceased.
- Construction, especially home building in this hot home buying market.
- Shipping and logistics, which involves moving the goods from point A to point B. It encompasses everything from trucking and warehouse work to computer work to make it all happen.
Kerry Byrne is President of Total Quality Logistics, the second largest freight brokerage in the country.
“We’re looking to hire a thousand people across the country, in our 57 offices,” Byrne said.
They need sales people, accountants, freight bookers and more.
Other companies with available jobs include:
- Airlines companies, is now rehiring pilots, flight attendants and gate workers, and needs workers to replace those who retired or left the company last year.
- Computer science, commonly called HE.
- Nursery, as homeworkers return to the office and suddenly need babysitting. (You can include doggy day care in this category, for any pandemic puppies who will soon be home alone.)
The cook of Restaurant Morgan Baylor is delighted to be working again.
“It’s only going to come up from here,” she said.
Jose Salazar, meanwhile, is optimistic about the takeover of his three restaurants this year.
“I believe we can make things happen if we try hard enough,” he said.
Don’t Waste Your Money ”is a registered trademark of Scripps Media, Inc. (“ Scripps ”).
Like “John Matarese Money on Facebook
Follow John on Instagram @johnmataresemoney
Follow John on Twitter (@JohnMatarese)
For more consumer information and money saving tips, visit www.dontwasteyourmoney.com