Surf City Back In Action + OC High School Sports + Coastal Cleanup
Hello, Orange County! Let’s kick off this last week of September with everything you need to know across the county today.
Are you a local business owner or trader in Orange County? Our premium local sponsorships keep you on top of inboxes in town every morning. Contact us here for the truth.
First, the weather forecast for the day:
Clear all day. High: 88 Low: 67.
On Tuesday, your high tide will be at 10:16 a.m., at 5.25 feet. Low tide will be at 4:15 am at 0.98 feet.
Sunrise is at 6:39 a.m. and sunset at 6:49 p.m.
Wednesday’s high tide will be 10:40 a.m. at 5.25 feet. Low tide will be at 4:52 p.m. at 0.66 feet.
Sunrise will be at 6:40 a.m. and sunset at 6:48 p.m.
Here are the best stories in Orange County today:
- Are you ready for some Orange County football in high school? Find out who’s playing when in the Week 5 schedule, September 23-25 (OCRegister).
- Orange County sees another drop in COVID-related hospitalizations and “looks pretty good,” officials say. Here is the last one. (Orange County crest).
- The US Open of Surfing starts Monday at Huntington Beach, a scaled-down version of the previous year but still full of surf action. (OC register)
- In Obeach county, the recall’s defeat echoes years of erosion of the GOP among the 36 cities. (The New York Times)
- Volunteers clean up Orange County beaches on International Coastal Cleanup Day, as this incredible job does in Laguna beach. (Laguna Beach Patch)
Today’s Orange County Daily is brought to you by our friends at Ring, the home security company. Ring does more than just doorbells – check out their full line of smart home products on Ring.com. And thank you ring to help shake up local news in Orange County!
Today in Orange County:
- National IT Professionals Day – John F. Kennedy High (Show more).
- Dedication of the Sukkah – Temple Beth Sholom (more information).
- Blood drive – Red Cross – Orange High (6.30am).
- Lockdown Exercise (School Wide Events) – Rancho Alamitos High (9 a.m.).
- Meeting of the Board of Directors of the Fountain Valley Chamber (10 a.m.).
- US Army Information Booth – Anaheim High (11:45 a.m.).
- 1st and 3rd Tuesday Leads Group – Greater Irvine Chamber of Commerce (11:45 am).
- Tape Cut Anchor Bar – Anaheim Chamber of Commerce (3 p.m.).
Orange County Notebook
- Orange County Fire Authority: “🚒 Our team from Aliso Viejo Station 57 supported the Aliso Niguel High School dance team yesterday with an impromptu tour of their fundraising car wash. It was a fun visit, and they really made the engine shine. ✨ “(Facebook).
- Orange County German Shepherd Rescue: “Help provide good dental health to your pet. Anesthesia-free pet dental cleaning clinic day at PET DENTAL SOLUTIONS. The procedure will take approximately 30 minutes.” (Facebook).
- Orange County Sheriff’s Department, California: “Our Bomb Techs don’t just say on land. Did you know that our Bomb Squad team includes Bomb Tech Divers assigned as Underwater Hazardous Device Technicians? This specialized dive team was created because of need. ” (Facebook).
- Orange County Fire Authority: “Your #OCFA firefighters responded to a garage fire this morning in the town of Garden Grove. Firefighters were able to quickly put out the blaze while searching inside the house. During the search, a trapped dog Was found.” (Facebook).
- OC Parks: “Here’s a little glimpse of Aliso Peak. This spectacular view can be found at the top of the Aliso Peak Trail in Aliso and Wood Canyons Wilderness Park. For trail details and park hours of operation, visit OCParks.com . ” (Instagram).
- Orange County Register: “The new teachers in Santa Ana welcomed the students to the school more than a month ago, but over 100 of them have yet to be paid. ” (Facebook).
From our sponsors – thank you for supporting the local news!
Concerts and services:
You are all taken for today. See you tomorrow morning for another update! If you like these newsletters, consider bringing friends and neighbors with you. You can send them this link to subscribe.
– Ashley ludwig
About me: Ashley Ludwig has been an online news columnist and editor since 2007.
Prior to joining Patch, she worked as an editor for Southwest Riverside’s Valley News, both in print and online. She was the co-founder of the Southern California news conglomerate, DailySoCal.com – and before that, a freelance reporter for publications such as the North County Times, San Diego Union-Tribune, and Southwest Riverside News Network (SWRNN. com), and still owns the local Southern California Wine Country blog: TemeculaGrapevine.com. Ashley Ludwig has been working as a web writer since the late 1990s. She graduated from the University of Arizona with a Bachelor of Arts and Science degree. Wife and mother of two daughters, she is the author of several romantic thrillers. www.ashleyludwig.com
Do you have any advice or suggestion for an upcoming Orange County Daily? Contact [email protected] anytime.