Top 10 destinations to visit this fall in the United States
Autumn is a good time for excursions. The summer heat has subsided and the weather conditions are suitable for walks and activities in nature. We recommend a few destinations that you could visit.
- Alabama, Tuscaloosa: Alabama, Tuscaloosa: It is a beautiful city, full of water oaks in the downtown streets since the 1840s. The area has a humid subtropical climate and generally during the fall rains a lot. Fall, which runs from mid-September to early December, tends to be similar to spring in terms of temperature and precipitation. The Tuscaloosa Public Library is a place of note in the city. Additionally, in Tuscaloosa is the University of Alabama and many museums, including the Children’s Hands-On Museum in Tuscaloosa and the Murphy Afro-American Museum. The city holds many annual festivals such as Weindorf, Sakura and Kentuck. Of course, the Alabama football team is the center of the game day fun.
- Alaska, Denali National Park: Denali is a place to conserve wildlife and support intact ecosystems. It is also a place of scientific research and discovery. It offers a great opportunity to learn more about the natural world. Scientists say that in Denali National Park, the research possibilities are endless. The landscape has been virtually unchanged by humans. Visitors will admire the beautiful colors of the place and the wildlife.
- Arizona, Phoenix: The city is divided into urban villages with neighborhoods and communities of historical significance. The region’s climate is similar to that of the desert. The summers are extremely hot and the winters short and mild. There are many museums including the Phoenix Art Museum, Arizona Capitol Museum, Scottsdale Museum of Contemporary Art, Arizona Military Museum, Hall of Flame Firefighting Museum, Pueblo Grande Museum Archaeological Park, Children’s Museum of Phoenix, Arizona Science Center and Museum Heard. Additionally, Phoenix is home to a unique architectural tradition and community. The city is an attractive destination for tourists mainly because of its natural environment which offers outdoor attractions and recreational activities.
- Arkansas, Buffalo National River: The Buffalo River is 153 miles long. Visitors have the opportunity to watch the rapids run to calm pools while surrounded by massive cliffs as they traverse the Ozark Mountains to the White River. Many activities are offered such as paddling on the river, staying on a campsite or simply learning about the history and culture of the place.
- California, San Francisco: In the historic center of San Francisco is centered the financial district with Union Square as well as the main shopping and hotel district, and the Tenderloin nearby. San Francisco has a warm Mediterranean climate in the summer, so it is the best choice for a visit in the fall. It should be mentioned that San Francisco is home to elk. Some of San Francisco’s most popular tourist attractions include the Golden Gate Bridge and Alamo Square Park, home to the famous “Painted Ladies”.
- Colorado, Denver: Denver is a good choice for fall adventures. Visitors can take a ride aboard the Rocky Mountaineer, which recently inaugurated the first-ever luxury train journey between Denver, Colorado, and Moab, Utah. Denver has 200 parks throughout the city and a wide range of museums.
- Connecticut, mystic: Mystic was a major seaport for Connecticut with over 600 ships built over 135 years from 1784. The village is a very attractive tourist destination. It is home to the Mystic Aquarium & Institute for Exploration, known for its marine life and beluga rehabilitation research department. In addition, the business district contains many restaurants while local sailing cruises are available for visitors.
- Delaware, Rehoboth Beach: It is a popular destination for vacationing. US President Joe Biden owns a home in Rehoboth Beach. The climate here is humid subtropical. In addition to the beaches, the region also has several parks. For example, visitors can walk to Grove Park, Stockley Street Park, or Teardrop Park.
- Florida, Orlando: Orlando is one of the most visited cities in the world as it is home to the Walt Disney World, Universal Orlando, SeaWorld Orlando, Legoland and Fun Spot America theme parks. In addition, the city is famous for its golf courses. There are many golf courses in town, the most famous being the Bay Hill Club and Lodge, home to the Arnold Palmer Invitational. Visitors to the city will find the Florida Mall, the Mall at Millenia and the Orlando Fashion Square.
- Hawaii, the big island: The Big Island is the largest of all the Hawaiian Islands. It is certainly a tourist attraction that also happens to be one of the most active volcanoes in the world. Here, autumn makes you feel like you are in paradise. The Big Island is known for its beautiful nature. In addition, visitors can try out many activities.
Follow the latest news live on CEOWORLD magazine and get updates from the US and around the world. The opinions expressed are those of the author and are not necessarily those of CEOWORLD magazine. Follow CEOWORLD magazine on Twitter and
Facebook. For media inquiries, please contact: [email protected]